Systemic Anatomy and Physiology G (7896.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Disa PRYOR (Ph: +61 2 62012927 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Disa PRYOR (Ph: +61 2 62012927 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196496) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188516) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180309) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (169912) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151257) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139538) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (141054) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit will cover the following topics: Cellular structure, homeostasis and epithelial cells. The following physiological systems will be covered: Endocrine system including the major endocrine glands and the effects of their hormones. Circulatory system which covers blood and vessels as well as heart anatomy and physiology; regulation of cardiovascular system will also be covered. Respiratory system: respiratory tract anatomy; ventilation and oxygenation; respiratory regulation. Digestive system: anatomy of the gastrointestinal tract and associated structures; physiology of digestion and absorption. Urinary system: anatomy of the urinary system; physiology of urine formation. Reproductive system: male and female reproductive anatomy and physiology. Emphasis will be placed on the inter-connection and relationship between structure and function at every level of organisation and the importance in maintaining homeostasis.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Define and correctly use anatomical and physiological terminology;
2. Recognise and describe the macroscopic and microscope structure of the following body systems: Cardiovascular, endocrine, respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary and reproductive systems;
3. Interpret and explain how the above systems function and interact with each other;
4. Interpret and explain how the above systems function to maintain homeostasis; and
5. Demonstrate an ability to interpret clinical applications of anatomy and physiology.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
Winter Term: 2 hours of lectures (online) per week for Weeks 1-6 and Residential school laboratory classes in Week 7. Semester 2: 2 hour lecture and a 1 hour tutorial class per week.