Professional Media Project (7888.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 Mr Steven MOHR (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 Mr Steven MOHR (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191158) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176431) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176428) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165290) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154145) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145356) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit brings together teams of media creators to produce short video and/or digital media products for real-world clients within the community and small business sector. Using these productions as foundations, this unit examines the practices and theories of media business, financing and entrepreneurship through an analysis of the roles and strategies of a media producer. Students learn effective project management skills directed towards developing theoretical and applied knowledge in preparing a project budget, production planning and scheduling, risk assessments, insurance, legal, ethical and copyright issues, strategic marketing and distribution, and leadership skills.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Research, plan, produce and deliver a media product to the satisfaction of a real-world client;
2. Critically analyse the financial, legal, and industrial structures of the media production industries;
3. Demonstrate effective skills in financing, contracting, scheduling, budgeting and managing media productions; and
4. Engage cooperatively and productively as a member of a small production team.
Up to 3 hours per week.
A minimum of 12 credit points from the Advanced Media Arts Major (Restricted); or a completed minor in Media Arts.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production