Sound Design and Production (7886.6)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (191860) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191149) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178703) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178702) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165471) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165123) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162944) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139850) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Sound is a crucial element in all forms of media production. This unit introduces fundamental principles and practices of sound design and production. Students gain an understanding of sound recording, editing, mixing and processing, and principles of, and approaches to, sound composition and design. Students will gain an understanding of the communicative capacities of sound, and apply this understanding in the creative production of soundscape (sound alone) and soundtrack (sound for image). Key areas of conceptual concern include auditory perception and ways of listening, meaning and narrative, sound and image, and sound genres and cultures.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Effectively record, edit, mix and process sound;
2. Creatively plan and produce soundscape and soundtrack in response to a brief;
3. Reflect on, analyse and apply sound as a communicative medium; and
4. Understand and apply principles of sound composition and design.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Up to three hours of class contact per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production