Drama Production (7885.5)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit examines the methodologies, creative challenges, and technical demands of film and television drama production. Students analyse a wide range of approaches employed in drama production. By working with professional actors in studio-based drama productions, students explore the creative relationships and tensions between the script, the actor, the director, and the camera. Through working on their own short drama productions, from scripting and pre-production through to filming and post-production, students explore issues of time and rhythm, space and movement, audience engagement, and control of the emotional impact of dramatic visual storytelling.
1. Critically assess and evaluate different forms, styles and genres of drama production;
2. Work collaboratively in small creative teams, demonstrating advanced problem solving necessary to produce short drama productions;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of crew roles and responsibilities, and industry production procedures; and,
4. Reflect upon and analyse creative, structural, aesthetic and contextual aspects of their own work and the work of others.
Up to three hours of class contact per week.
Must have passed Introduction to Cinematography.
Advanced Media Arts Major (Restricted).
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production