Cross-Media Production (7879.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 Dr Reza RYAN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 Mrs Ann STEVENS (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (194270) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194269) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (191136) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191135) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (184754) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176300) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176297) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165470) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165283) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (154755) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154753) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145253) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will examine the forms, cultures and practices of cross-media or hybrid production, where producers use multiple technologies, media forms, and modes of audience interaction to deliver a single work. Students will consider and evaluate the relationships between media elements and participatory audiences that characterise such works, and develop a critical understanding of current practice and theory in cross-media production. Students will apply that understanding working in collaborative teams to integrate networked, linear and interactive elements into prototype cross-media projects.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. A critical understanding of the practice and theory of cross-media production;
2. An ability to select and integrate media forms and elements appropriate to a cross-media project;
3. An ability to design a media project for an active, participatory audience; and
4. An ability to work collaboratively to develop a cross-media product.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
Up to three hours of class contact per week.
A minimum of 12 credit points from the Advanced Media Arts major (Restricted), or a completed minor in Media Arts.
For students enrolled in courses delivered at UC Melbourne, the pre-requisites are 7881 Networked Media Production and 8178 Web Design and Production.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 181JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 215JA Bachelor of Heritage, Museums and Conservation
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 267JA Bachelor of Web Design and Production
- MJ0130 Major in Advanced Media Arts (Restricted)
- MJ0299 Major in Creative Games Design
- MJ0286 Major in Design Communications
- MJ0182 Major in Digital Design and Production
- MJ0149 Major in Media Arts
- MJ0090 Major in Media Arts and Scriptwriting
- MJ0232 Major in Multimedia
- MJ0176 Major in Museum Studies
- MN0142 Minor in Digital Design and Production
- MN0077 Minor in Media Arts