Information Sciences Extension Studies 3 PG (7866.6)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, PROJECT, BRUCE (181571) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, PROJECT, BRUCE (181569) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, PROJECT, BRUCE (167355) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, PROJECT, BRUCE (167022) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, PROJECT, BRUCE (155339) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, PROJECT, BRUCE (155338) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148343) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
An Extension Studies unit provides postgraduate students with the opportunity to study an information sciences topic at an advanced level. The unit provides an opportunity to broaden and deepen knowledge in preparation for further advanced work in Studies in or Research Studies in project units or a Masters level thesis. Topics covered are determined in consultation with an academic supervisor in areas relevant to the student's postgraduate or Masters course. Before enrolling students are required to consult their course adviser.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. An enhanced capability for independent work, advanced knowledge in a specialised area and the ability to synthesise knowledge across different fields;
2. Enhanced skills to undertake an investigation of a topic including project/research design and execution; and
3. Report writing and presentation skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
150 hours including up to 20 hours of supervision meetings, tutorials and workshops, and 130 hours of project work.
A minimum average performance level of credit AND successful completion of 9505 Research Methods PG AND permission of the Unit Convenor.