Mainframe Application Development 2 PG (7864.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology|
In this unit you will develop a conceptual and practical ability to deal with complex mainframe application development, particularly for systems involving user interactions and inter-process communication. You will consider application development in the context of the system lifecycle including application installation, update and customisation. You will work in small groups to undertake design, development and documentation work. You will also study and reflect on issues, including ethical issues, in coordinating and managing system development, testing and maintenance in a corporate IT mainframe environment including coping with conflicting demands.
1. Efficiently develop complex, multi-program mainframe applications.
2. Setup and configure resource for CICS.
3. Develop complex mainframe applications to interact with DB2 and CICS and Develop mainframe applications to use CICS transaction services.
4. Design and develop mainframe based CICS user interfaces and CICS web user interfaces and Analyse CICS error information.
5. identify problems and analyse the main features of problems relevant to their professional field
6. apply appropriate problem solving processes, arguments, critical and creative thinking.
7. implement and evaluate strategies for the resolution of problems.
8. anticipate and define new problems and identify and resolve new problems in new fields.
52 hours per semester.
Mainframe Application Development 1PG.