Mainframe Application Development 1 PG (7861.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology|
In this unit you will study procedural programming using COBOL. You will gain sufficient theory and practice in procedural computer programming to enable further advanced studies in application development. You will gain theoretical knowledge of and practical experience in how to design, code, test, debug, publish and run COBOL programs in a mainframe enterprise environment. You will learn naming conventions, testing strategies, how to describe data types and data structures, and how to develop report programs.
1. Understanding and facility with procedural programming , COBOL language structure & syntax and COBOL program structure.
2. Familiarity with COBOL data types and data structures and Understanding of the design of COBOL reports.
3. Knowledge of correct name conventions and structure.
4. Maintain COBOL source code written by other programmers.
5. Develop COBOL programs in a mainframe environment, COBOL programs to work with data files, COBOL programs that sort input data and COBOL programs to call sub programs.
6. Debug COBOL programs
7. Develop COBOL report programs.
52 hours per semester.
Mainframe Systems 1G.