System Integration (7859.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology|
In this capstone unit you will develop knowledge, understanding and practical skills for integrating mainframe systems, both legacy and e-business, within and across enterprises and across platforms; and for modelling, developing, testing, publishing, monitoring and managing integration of systems using comprehensive development tools. You will consider risk management, quality control and ethical issues related to these activities and undertake some of these activities as part of a team.
1. integrating mainframe systems, both legacy and e-business, within and across enterprises and integrating systems across platforms.
2. providing a practical introduction to alternative approaches and their contingent utility; and developing, testing, monitoring and managing the integration of systems using appropriate tools.
3. a comprehensive framework for enterprise integration.
4. understanding of critical issues in enterprise systems integration and understanding of legacy system interfaces and their implications for intgration.
5. knowledge of systems integration software and its suitability for different situations and understanding to how to evaluate performance of systems integration.
6. choose appropriate strategy for systems integration tasks and choose and apply appropriate techniques and software for systems integration tasks.
7. select and use tools for systems integration.
8. analyse, plan and implement integration of mainframe systems.
9. analyse, plan and implement integration of systems across different platforms.
10. evaluate and tune the performance of systems integration.
52 hours per semester.
Mainframe Application Development 2.