Learning with Technology (7840.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151457) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139886) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146994) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit examines the role of communication and information technology in contemporary society and in particular in the ways it can be used to improve teaching and learning and educational settings. An emphasis will be placed on new areas in electronic communication like electronic mail and the World Wide Web.
1. Explain the role of communication and information technology in contemporary society
2. Describe ways in which communication and modes of literacy are changing in the electronic age
3. Describe the issues arising from changing modes of communication and literacy
4. Explain the role of communication and information technology in education
5. Use information literacy skills
6. Use appropriate skills information technology in their own learning in the course
7. Evaluate educational software
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Winter Term, 2015
Three hours a week.
Enrolment in one of the following courses: 203JA; 204JA; 383AE; 446AA; 866AA; 867AA; 788AA OR 789AA.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 110JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Asia-Pacific Studies (ANU)
- 109JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Science (ANU)
- 866AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (3-8 Years)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 433AC Bachelor of Education in Secondary Teaching (Music)
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 244JA Bachelor of Teaching (Graduate Entry)