Transnational Advertising (7839.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178352) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164705) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (160479) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139400) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will discuss the issues associated with global campaigns and their effects on communication and creative appeals. It will consider research, segmentation methods, management and organisational structure of operations, and strategic applications in creating global campaigns. A key element which will also be examined is the influence of culture on the consumer in terms of motivations, values and consumption of product and media.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the approaches, problems and decision making of global advertising campaigns;
2. Apply the methods used in carrying out transnational advertising and reasons for the adaptation and modification to the creative message; and
3. Identify issues related to brands crossing borders; apply centralisation/decentralisation and standardised/localised methods and analyse how they affect the development and implementation of global strategies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week.
8122 Introduction to Professional Communication OR 9496 Principles of Marketing.
- 981AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 990AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 181JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication