Contract Administration (7829.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Henry LIU (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Henry LIU (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195452) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190916) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178577) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163024) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154790) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145899) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will develop a working knowledge of built environment contract administration principles and processes. The unit covers differing administration processes for commonly used contract models.
Using case study learning students practice practical management techniques covering real life contract administration issues. Students are introduced the management of documentation and scheduling of a build as a contract administrator, using manual and automated techniques.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Distinguish appropriate contract administration processes for different construction contractual models;
2. Critically analyse the use of different techniques to manage time and resources for a building project;
3. Manage strategic planning techniques to solve contractual management issues, such as time, cost, quality and disputation; and
4. Demonstrate advanced organisational skills in the management of the requirements of specific construction contract models, using manual and relevant techniques.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week.
11287 Building and Construction Law AND 7823 Building and Construction Studies 2