Estimating and Measurement 2 (7826.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154007) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146144) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Measurement styles and techniques and description composition; measurement of different defined building areas; computer measurement software; Australian Standard Method of Measurement of Building Work (ASMM) and other shortened/simple form Methods; core estimating principles; estimating, an art or a science, pricing builder's preliminaries, overheads and supervision.
1. Accepted drawing conventions and formats
2. Interpret building documentation
3. Apply building principles and methods
4. How to ?read? and interpret architectural, structural and services drawings of moderately complex projects
5. Prepare estimating documentation for a building project
6. What constitutes a set of drawings and how to locate cross-references
7. How to measure moderately complex architectural and engineering structures using basic measurement techniques
8. How to effectively describe items that have been measured
9. How moderately complex construction rates are built-up including the constituents of material, labour, plant, overheads and profit
One hour lecture and a two hour tutorial per week or three hour workshop.
Estimating and Measuring 1, Building and Construction Studies 1.