Building and Construction Studies 2 (7823.7)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MR Hamed GOLIZADEH (Ph: +61 2 62012757 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (199441) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194429) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (187928) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176518) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (171300) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163018) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (159515) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139615) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focusses on construction for multiple occupancy residential and medium rise commercial/industrial buildings. Students will be introduced to the construction principles for typical midrise commercial and residential buildings. Students will further develop their knowledge in the Building Code of Australia and other relevant building regulations. Site set up and layout, planning and co-ordination of services will be explored for commercial building.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Interpret building plans for mid-rise and commercial buildings;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of traditional and alternate construction methods and principles for mid-rise and commercial buildings in accordance with the requirements of the Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of site set-up, site layout, and site management, including demolition, hazardous materials and recycling; and
4. Apply building hand-over commissioning processes and techniques.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
Two hour lecture and one hour tutorial/laboratory or 3 hour workshop/laboratory.
8518 Building and Construction Studies 1.