Music Teaching Workshop (7779.5)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140917) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 28/10/2011
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
This unit provides an introduction to various established pedagogies of music education. As part of the unit students will study and experience a variety of teaching approaches in various types of musical learning environments (music classroom, ensemble experiences, instrumental teaching, online learning).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding and insights into music education pedagogies and research;
2. Reflect on, evaluate, and plan for continuing improvement of their own music teaching and performance practice;
3. Use and further develop their music performance abilities, teaching discipline and professional knowledge; and
4. Demonstrate the learning opportunities available to students through different music learning environments through the use of various instrumental and conducting styles.
Forty hours (theory and practical experiences).
First year ANU music component.
One year of study in the Bachelor of Secondary Teaching Music degree.