Organisational Performance G (7777.3)
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit focuses on issues relating to managing organisations for outcomes. It includes concepts such as determining organisational goals and setting performance measures, performance indicators, benchmarking, evaluation, quality management, and the development of performance information systems. The unit approaches performance management with strong emphases on systems theory and on meaning and interpretation of performance measures.
1. have a strong understanding of performance measures and their meaning as applied to organisations.
2. be in a position to construct mechanisms to monitor organisational performance including service delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
3. be able to demonstrate competencies in researching and presenting findings, both in writing and orally .
4. be able to demonstrate good team work skills in researching, analysing, assessing and presenting arguments on organisational performance.
Up to 39 hours per semester.
- 736AA Graduate Certificate in Management
- 739AA Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- 739AD Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (ACT)
- 735AA Graduate Diploma in Management
- 738AA Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- 139JA Graduate Diploma in Strategic Procurement
- 140JA Master of Business Administration in Strategic Procurement
- 734AA Master of Management
- 734AB Master of Management (Bhutan)
- 737AC Master of Public Administration (Bhutan)
- 972AA Master of Public Administration / Master of Management