Honours Thesis in Psychology 12cp (6cp) (7366.6)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Dimity CRISP (Ph: +61 2 62012069 ) PROJECT 2020 Semester 2 DR Tricia BROWN (Ph: +61 2 62015362 ) PROJECT 2021 Semester 1 DR Dimity CRISP (Ph: +61 2 62012069 ) PROJECT 2021 Semester 2 DR Dimity CRISP (Ph: +61 2 62012069 ) PROJECT
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, PROJECT, BRUCE (198685) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, PROJECT, BRUCE (198683) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, PROJECT, BRUCE (188455) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, PROJECT, BRUCE (189208) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, PROJECT, BRUCE (180250) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, PROJECT, BRUCE (179963) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, PROJECT, BRUCE (164410) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, PROJECT, BRUCE (164092) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, PROJECT, BRUCE (152195) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, PROJECT, BRUCE (154746) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, PROJECT, BRUCE (148585) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, PROJECT, BRUCE (146695) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The syllabus is based on the requirements of the Australian Psychological Accreditation Council. Students will undertake an individual supervised research project in psychology, comprising topic definition, literature review, design, data collection and analyses, and write up a thesis of between 10,000 and 12,000 words. The project will be conducted within appropriate ethical guidelines. The topic will reflect the mutual interests of supervisor and student.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design and execute a research project relating to a psychological issue to a standard acceptable to the profession;
2. Independently undertake an analysis of data derived from survey or experimental designs in psychology; and
3. Communicate the results of an independent research project in a form acceptable to the profession.
As arranged by supervisor and unit convener.
Must have passed or be enrolled in 10112 Research Methods in Psychology PG.
Must be enrolled in 769AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours).