Biomechanics G (7203.4)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Celeste COLTMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012885 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200501) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198147) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (189617) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (189137) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (179891) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164516) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163965) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152694) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153958) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (148609) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145980) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to introduce the field of Biomechanics to students. During the first half of the semester the unit content centres primarily on mechanical theory, focussing on how these concepts can be applied to the human body. In the second half of the semester the subject content focuses analysis of human movement including, walking, running and swimming. The unit will utilise an existing UG unit with the GC students having separate assessment strategies and unit requirements.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the mechanical factors that influence human movement;
2. Have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the biomechanics of the human musculoskeletal system with particular emphasis on joint function; and
3. Be able to conduct a qualitative analysis of human movement and be able to supply meaningful feedback concerning technique modification based on a critical appraisal of the movement.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Two hours of lectures per week and one 2 hour practical on alternate weeks.
8280 Advanced Functional Anatomy G