Soft Computing PG (7197.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Robert COX (Ph: +61 2 62015230 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185354) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181989) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166295) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151495) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139978) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is an advanced unit in artificial intelligence emphasizing the Soft Computing discipline. Each semester, coverage is of two or three topics from Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Genetic Algorithms, Software Agents, Artificial Life, and Complex Adaptive Systems. The unit content covers Soft Computing theory, fusion of two or more Soft Computing techniques and their applicability to real world applications. The choices depend on the availability of lecturers, student interest and research activity in the School. The unit has a strong practical focus with the implementation of Soft Computing techniques in laboratory exercises and assignments.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe, argue for and critique the Soft Computing discipline. Students will be able to use at least two of the Soft Computing techniques; and
2. Given an artificial intelligence project, a student will be able to: identify and select a suitable Soft Computing technology to solve the problem; construct a solution and implement a Soft Computing solution.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
Up to thirty nine hours per semester.
8995 Software Technology 1 G
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 354JA Master of Engineering
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)