Social Informatics PG (7196.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Hamed SARBAZHOSSEINI (Ph: +61 2 62015009 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185420) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (190351) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167551) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (151494) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (139976) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the impact of informatics on society in areas such as e-government, e-learning and e-law. Topics may deal with the social, cultural, philosophical, ethical, legal, public policy and economic issues relating to information technologies; the interaction of technological developments with social, economic, organisational and class issues; and the many implications of design choices made by information professionals including social control and privacy, computer crime, electronic communities, and risks of safety critical systems to people.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the consequences of technology usage including ethical, privacy and digital divide implications of emerging technologies in organisations and society;
2. Deploy theoretical frameworks to analyse the complex relationships among information technology, people, and institutions in any social setting; and
3. Evaluate the impacts of the design choices made by information professionals and various technologies on people, organisations and society.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- 271JA Graduate Certificate in Social Media and Public Engagement
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)