Game Programming Techniques PG (7191.6)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Robert COX (Ph: +61 2 62015230 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 MR Robert COX (Ph: +61 2 62015230 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194165) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185011) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181988) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165908) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154587) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (148018) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit teaches the programming techniques needed to produce interactive 2D graphical applications like computer games.
Topics covered include:
- The game creation process;
- Program design;
- Animation techniques;
- Input devices;
- Sound playback and processing;
- Design Patterns for interactive media; and
- Real time graphics in 2D.
During the unit students produce a simple interactive graphical project (eg game) as a major work.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write 2D graphical interactive computer programs such as computer games;
2. Design the software for an interactive computer program;
3. Process sound and image assets for a computer game;
4. Know the common design patterns for interactive applications (eg, Factory, state, command, flyweight);
5. Create and use an asset library in an interactive media application; and
6. Create a game storyboard.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to fifty two hours per semester.
Software Technology 1 G or equivalent.
General IT Literacy.
7160 Game Programming Techniques.
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 354JA Master of Engineering
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 974AA Master of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing (Advanced)
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)