Object Oriented Software Design (7165.7)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, the students will learn how to produce detailed object models and designs from system requirements; use the modelling concepts provided by UML; identify use cases and expand into full behavioural designs; expand the analysis into a design ready for implementation and construct designs that are reliable. The students will then map the designs into code and perform unit testing using automated testing tools. During the unit the students are supposed to design a moderately realistic object-oriented system. This unit will be co-taught with unit 6684 Object-Oriented Software Design PG.
On successful completion of this unit, the student should be able to:
1. Analyse requirements of a given software project and produce requirement specifications (SRS);
2. Understand the principles of object-relational mapping to design object persistence;
3. Perform object-oriented analysis and design for a moderately realistic object oriented system;
4. Comprehend and apply design patterns to improve software design; and
5. Program and use automated testing tools to perform unit testing.
Up to 3 hours per week, 2L + 1T.
Completed 48 credit points of the course.
Basic understanding of software systems and their types. Some programming experience in a language such as Java or C#.
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 106JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
- 344JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours)
- 938AA Bachelor of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing
- 815AA Bachelor of Information Technology/Bachelor of Commerce
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- MJ0160 Major in Information Technology (Restricted)
- MJ0109 Major in Software Engineering
- MJ0293 Major in Software Engineering (BIT) (18cp) (Restricted)
- MJ0107 Major in Software Engineering (BIT) (Restricted)
- MJ0108 Major in Software Engineering (BSE) (Restricted)
- MJ0163 Major in Software Engineering (BSE/BBI) (Restricted)
- MN0109 Minor in Software Engineering