Information Systems Management (7163.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Information Systems & Accounting|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
The unit addresses tactical and operational management issues arising with the organisational use of information systems and their associated technology. Some of the key topics include; IS service delivery and support, problem and incident management, configuration and release management, business and IS service continuity management, outsourcing of IS activities, financial management for IS services, ICT Infrastructure Management, managing the applications portfolio, and management's responsibility to ensure that systems are auditable and secure. Issues of decentralised control, professional ethics and the social context for information systems are also considered.
- At the successful completion of this unit students will be able to discuss and engage in management processes at the tactical and operational level of the organizational use of information systems. Students will possess and be able to apply a conceptual framework for exploring IS management issues in organisations.
Up to thirty nine hours per semester.
Information Systems in Organisations, 6348, AND completion of 39 credit points.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism