Information Security (7162.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (181550) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181549) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (171441) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167100) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UC-MELB (156228) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154887) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145627) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the information security threats and vulnerabilities of IT-based information systems. A risk management approach is used to develop an understanding of the policies, practices and technologies needed to provide for an appropriate level of security. Information security policy is considered and the various security needs, from managerial to technical, are examined in the context of current and future information systems.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand organisational information security practices;
2. Analyse information security risks in personal and organisational situations and report on this analysis, as appropriate; and
3. Participate in the design of information security requirements.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne
Up to 39 hours per semester. The ONLINE offering of this unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Information and Mainframe Technology.
6365 Systems Analysis and Modelling AND completion of 39 credit points.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 232JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 281JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 811AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 112JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Commerce
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 322HG Bachelor of Information Technology
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism