Game Programming Techniques (7160.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MR Robert COX (Ph: +61 2 62015230 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200398) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194170) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (184997) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181918) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (165878) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154490) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147004) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit teaches the programming techniques needed to produce interactive 2D graphical applications like computer games. The topics covered include, game design, storyboarding, animation techniques, game construction tools, input devices, sound and real time graphics in 2D. During the unit students produce a simple interactive graphical project (eg a screen saver or game) in C++ as a major work.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Write and critique simple graphical interactive computer programs. This includes screen savers, multimedia programming and games like Tetris and Naughts and Crosses.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to fifty two hours per semester.
4483 Software Technology 1.
7191 Game Programming Techniques PG.
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 106JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering
- 344JA Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours)
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 938AA Bachelor of Information Technology in Mainframe Computing
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies