Business Informatics Case Studies (7155.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185409) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181543) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167299) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150716) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147989) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit emphasises the development of a business informatics case study by introducing students to the world of information systems research. It will enable students to acquire in-depth knowledge, skills and experience necessary in studying cases involving business information systems. This unit is intended to inspire, excite and prepare students to draw together research and practical issues, including in various application areas, and will provide them with an opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills gained in other units throughout their degree programme to report on a business informatics case study. Students will have an opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of research and professional practice through presentation and reporting of one or more cases of their choice.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Analyse case studies of business informatics systems to determine their value to different stakeholders;
2. Cogently present the technical, financial and ethical issues revealed in the development, implementation service design and operation of information systems;
3. Conduct research into emerging topics in business informatics to identify, summarise and present the key business issues to organisational stakeholders;
4. Demonstrate an appreciation of the diversity of informatics research, and critically evaluate research relevant to case studies; and
5. Identify and synthesise scholarly research in information systems and related areas relevant to case studies;
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
Semester 2, 2018
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
Up to thirty nine hours per semester.
11486 Systems Analysis and Modelling