Sports Journalism 2 (7143.7)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178488) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164978) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (160362) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140635) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit focuses on radio and television reportage of sport and students are given direct experience in gathering, shaping, editing and delivering stories. The emphasis is on practice of skills both on and off air so that both presentation and product skills are covered.
1. write a radio sports news bulletin.
2. produce story packages suitable for airing on a radio sports show.
3. research, write and edit a television sports story suitable for a nightly news bulletin.
4. produce, direct and present sports shows for radio and television.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
Two hours of lecture and one two hour tutorial per week.
Must have completed 7142 Sports Journalism 1 and 9019 Audio Journalism and 9036 Video Journalism prior to enrolling in this unit.