Public Relations Writing (7130.5)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
Students will learn the professional writing skills expected of a beginning public relations practitioner. They will examine the different approaches required for the production of material specific to various communication environments, target publics and media.
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
1. Access and evaluate information: identify information for inclusion in public relations materials; analyse, summarise and apply information to specific public relations activities;
2. Think critically: analyse basic public relations situations to generate creative solutions to communication opportunities; assess the application of different public relations approaches to various communication environments, target publics and media;
3. Apply knowledge: explain the contexts to which different public relations approaches are applied; synthesise and integrate information in to appropriate written formats;
4. Communicate effectively: apply clear, concise and accurate writing techniques to producing public relations materials.
Three hours per week in Weeks 2 to 9 and Weeks 12; one hour per week in Weeks 1 and 10. Week 11 joint practical exercise with Journalism students.
Principles of Public Relations.
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 993AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 102JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 983AA Bachelor of Public Relations
- 983AB Bachelor of Public Relations
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws