Information Systems Management PG (7109.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195655) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185407) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181523) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167500) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151375) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (146431) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit addresses the management issues arising with the organisational use of information systems and their associated technology. Some of the key topics include: strategic information systems planning, managing the applications portfolio, IT governance and the role of the CIO, IT service management, sourcing of systems activities, and financial management for IS services.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and interpret management processes associated with the organisational use of information systems;
2. Apply a conceptual framework for exploring systems management issues in organisations; and
3. Critique and explain IS management issues in light of current research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
Up to thirty nine hours per semester.
Completion of 9 credit points at graduate level.
Systems Project and Quality Management G or equivalent.
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)