Information Systems Management PG (7109.5)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Dale KLEEMAN (Ph: +61 2 62012427 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185407) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181523) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167500) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151375) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (146431) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit addresses the management issues arising with the organisational use of information systems and their associated technology. Some of the key topics include: strategic information systems planning, managing the applications portfolio, IT governance and the role of the CIO, IT service management, sourcing of systems activities, and financial management for IS services.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and interpret management processes associated with the organisational use of information systems;
2. Apply a conceptual framework for exploring systems management issues in organisations; and
3. Critique and explain IS management issues in light of current research.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
Up to thirty nine hours per semester.
Completion of 9 credit points at graduate level.
Systems Project and Quality Management G or equivalent.
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems
- 900AA Master of Technology
- 862AA Professional Doctorate in Information Sciences (Research)