Mathematics for Information Sciences (7089.4)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Maths & Technology|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This subject is concerned with mathematics and statistics and their application in computing and information technology. Topics covered will be drawn from probability and statistics (counting, probability, descriptive statistics, correlation and regression, hypothesis testing, statistical computer packages) and from mathematics (linear systems, matrices and transformations, applications in computer graphics, fractals, differentiation, maxima and minima, Bezier curves).
1.Students will be expected to understand mathematical and statistical models and their application in graphics, IT and other contexts; to appreciate essential differences in continuous and discrete mathematical problems; and have acquired skills needed to analyse data and solve mathematical problems in the areas studied.
4 hrs per week F2F.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- MJ0164 Major in Applied Software Engineering (BSE/BBI) (Restricted)
- MJ0109 Major in Software Engineering
- MJ0107 Major in Software Engineering (BIT) (Restricted)
- MN0072 Minor in Mathematical Structures and Computation
- MN0076 Minor in Mathematics for Middle School Education
- MN0075 Minor in Mathematics for Secondary Education