Property Law (7050.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179319) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167252) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150595) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140915) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The areas examined include the concept of property; personal, intellectual and real; the law relating to ownership and transfer of interests in land; the system of land tenure including Torrens Title; the nature of equitable and legal estates in real property; methods of registration, acquisition and alienation of proprietary interests in land; and the transactions involved.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. The characteristics of the proprietary interests recognised by common law and equity;
2. Principles behind the recognition of interests in land and transactions with them;
3. Legal practice with respect to transactions concerning real property, and its historical and theoretical explanations;
4. Current socio-legal issues about land based resources, theoretical perspectives and likely directions of law reform; and
5. Some of the international comparative perspectives on real property law and the contributions they could make to reform.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Four hours per week.
Completion of Legal Systems or equivalent. Entry to the LLB program.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws