Law Honours (7039.5)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147981) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147980) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2015 End Date: 31/12/2015
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2014
Students will undertake a program during which they will develop their honours thesis.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to manage and complete a substantial research project under supervision;
2. Demonstrate the ability to locate and utilise the most up-to-date primary and secondary sources relevant to the research project;
3. Demonstrate knowledge of existing research paradigms and methodologies as reflected in an explicit justification of the choice of paradigm and methodology;
4. Demonstrate the capacity to engage in critical thinking in both the evaluation of research literature and the formulation of original arguments; and
5. Demonstrate mastery of written expression through (a) employing the basic principles of effective, grammatical and argumentative writing, (b) polishing multiple drafts under supervision, and (c) complying with the Australian Guide to Legal Citation 3.