Administrative Law (7018.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179347) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167530) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151444) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139862) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The scope of potential judicial review of administrative action and the impact that this has on the functions of the administrator make up the central part of this subject. The instances when administrative bodies are required to follow the principles of natural justice have expanded significantly in recent years and thus the circumstances in which natural justice needs to be invoked and the requirements of natural justice are considered. The traditional controls exercised by the courts over administrative action are examined as well as the recent major legislative innovations in this field involving the Ombudsman, the Administrative Appeals Tribunal and Judicial Review by the Federal Court. The unit also examines aspects of the Commonwealth Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. The role of administrative law in Australian law andgovernment;
2. The common law principles and concepts ofadministrative law;
3. The law and principles governing judicial and administrative review of administrative decisions in the Australian federal system of law and government; and
4. The role and functions of the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Four hours per week.
Completion of Legal Systems or equivalent.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws