Landscape History (6983.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Design|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
This unit comprises studies in the historical and cultural production of landscapes and critically analyses the relationship of designed landscapes to culture. Associated issues of historiography and historical research are emphasised.
1. the way in which histories of landscape architecture are constructed.
2. analyse design responses in terms of history theory and methods.
3. critically evaluate these ideas through discourse and written expression.
Up to 3 hours per week in lectures and tutorials.