Print Journalism 2 (6974.5)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Creative Writing|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This subject introduces students to the concepts and practices of newspaper and online feature writing. It concentrates on interview technique and feature-writing story structures. Students also study the role of journalism in society, and are expected to produce stories for the course's online publication.
1. Understand the similarities and differences between news and features
2. Understand the nature and range of feature writing
3. Develop an ability to evaluate the effectiveness and value of specific feature articles
4. Observe and describe events, and interview people for features
5. Learn how to structure and write feature articles
2.5 hours a week.
Print Journalism 1.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 991AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Journalism
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 982AA Bachelor of Journalism
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 101JA Bachelor of Management / Bachelor of Journalism
- 994AA Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Journalism