Advanced Spanish B (part A) (6968.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 01/01/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 6 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
Advanced Spanish B is a year long unit offered in two parts (A and B). Students must complete both parts to be assigned a result for the unit and have the credit points count towards course completion. Part A must be completed in Semester 1 and part B in Semester 2. This year-long unit focuses on the main historical, social and cultural events that took place in constituting what is known today as The Hispanic World. It develops a selection of topics related to the Hispanic civilization and culture in the Iberian Peninsula and in Latin America. Narrative works are studied to show some aspects of the socio-economical and political reality of Latin America. It also deals with some of the most prominent and current topics present in this region today.
- By the end of this unit students should have acquired an advanced level of proficiency in their reading, conversational and writing, sufficient to engage in debate about the key political, economical and social aspects of Latin America and Spain. Students should have acquired an advanced level of cultural competency that will enable them to extract and discuss values and realities expressed in some short stories and novels discussed in class. Students should also be able to use their critical thinking skills more proficiently in their discussions in Spanish.
Three hours per week consisting of 1 lecture and 2 tutorials.
Spanish 3 or equivalent competence in the language.
Advanced Spanish B (part B).