Resource Science Project (6921.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
The subject is based around an individual or group project under the general guidance of a staff member of the School, and frequently involving outside agencies. Depending on the particular abilities and interests of staff in the School, a wide range of possible research topics may be available. Students are encouraged to develop independence in their project planning, analysis and reporting.
1. advanced skills for undertaking research in environmentalscience.
2. be able to prepare a research proposal which includes suitable background and justification for undertaking the project.
3. advanced understanding of theoretical and practical aspectsof designing and executing a project.
4. experience in liaising with agencies and individualsassociated with the project.
5. be able to present an advanced level scientific report of theinvestigation and in so doing be able to demonstrate an ability to apply relevant theoretical perspectives to practical problem analysis and solutions.
Up to five hours of lectures, workshops and practical sessions a week; may include considerable professional practice or project work in lieu of this contact time.
Completion of at least two specified units from below at level 3 in the Environmental Science course. Environmental Planning and Assessment Australian Waterways Vegetation and Wildlife Ecology Environmental Conflict and Management Conservation Biology and Genetics