Geographic Information Systems (6919.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139244) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2016
Geographic information systems (GIS) form the basis of modern spatial data storage, retrieval and analysis. The subject provides students with hands-on experience in the application of various GIS packages and their use in the assessment of earth and biological resources, and in land and environmental management.
1. use and analyse spatially distributed data;
2. use ArcMap GIS software package;
3. assess earth and biological resources using GIS tools;
4. analyse land and environmental management problems using GIS and remote sensing techniques
Up to one two-hour lecture and one two-hour computer lab session per week.
Data Analysis in Science.