Environmental Planning and Assessment (6918.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Science|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153883) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145999) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 30/06/2016
This subject provides an integrative framework for environmental planning, environmental assessment, decision-making and management. The subject context is in sustainable management of water, land and soil resources, biodiversity conservation and cultural heritage management.
At the end of the unit, it is expected that students will:
1. Understand and apply sustainability principles to environmental management.
2. Explain appropriate resource management objectives and planning processes.
3. Be aware of property rights and market mechanisms relevant to managing natural resources.
4. Understand strengths and limitations of a range of environmental planning tools including environmental impact assessment.
2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial/workshop per week.
At least 40 unspecified credit points or equivalent.