Professional Experience SEC 3 (6908.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Education Studies|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
In this unit the Preservice Teacher will further increase his/her exposure to, and time spent in the teacher role. The Preservice Teacher will be encouraged to incorporate a responsibility for decision-making role in the classroom. The focus of the professional experience is to further grow as a responsible teacher in the classroom and wider community context. Planning will be enhanced to include curriculum/unit design based upon theoretical and practical bases. Preservice Teachers will investigate the broader aspects of professional commitment.
- demonstrated proficiency for teaching in specific curriculum areas in preparation for the teaching internship
- investigated the various curriculum forms encountered in practice
- taken responsibility for continuous teaching over an extended period
- demonstrated an understanding of the ethical and professional characteristics of an educator in the wider professional community
- continued to be critically reflective in the development of their personal philosophies of teaching
2 hours/week + 20 days in schools.
Professional Experience SEC2ANDStudents who have failed this unit once: Permission of unit convener.Students who have failed this unit twice: not permitted to enrol.Students who fail this unit will need to meet with the Director, Professional Experience to negotiate an individual plan for increasing the potential for a successful result. Permission of the unit convener is required to enrol in the unit.Students who have failed this unit twice will be required to contact the unit convener and the Director, Professional Experience, and show cause as to why they should be allowed to attempt the unit again. This will be via a written application submitted to the Faculty Assessment Board, which will determine if the student should be enrolled or not enrolled in the unit.This unit is required for teaching courses leading to the Bachelor of Education award. Students who are not able to complete this unit will not meet the academic requirements for this award. Such students may be able to complete the Bachelor of Educational Studies exit award, or transfer to another UC course with credit as outlined in the Credit Policy.