Language Education 2 (6896.5)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166212) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165877) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162239) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154487) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146094) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 28/10/2011
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
This unit will extend earlier work in language education, encompassing the notion of multiliteracies, with particular attention to the development of writing competence. It will revise and extend approaches to assessment of childrens language learning. The unit also aims to improve students knowledge about language (KAL) from a functional grammar perspective.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse pedagogical practices concerned with the teaching of writing;
2. Analyse and assess reading and writing development in young learners;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of strategies for responding to diverse literacy needs; and
4. Design and implement teaching programs, with reference to curriculum documents, which support the development of literacy across different curriculum areas and modes of communication.
Three hours a week.
Language Education 1.