Curriculum Studies (6891.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
The unit provides students with the opportunity to draw on and synthesize the diverse experiences gained throughout the course, and apply them to the complex task of curriculum development and evaluation. Curriculum Studies is a practical unit, but one which depends on sound theoretical understandings, critical reflection, historical knowledge, and analysis. This unit encourages students to make the best decisions about curriculum development in rapidly changing educational contexts including early childhood, primary, middle school, high school and college.
- On completion of the unit, students will, be familiar with the process of curriculum development in school settings; have observed and analysed a variety of curriculum models in educational contexts; have developed and/or evaluated curriculum in a specific context relative to their area of interest
Three hours a week.