Arts Education 2 (6890.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152028) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140849) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit extends earlier work undertaken in Arts Education 1, providing further opportunities for students to develop as arts educators. The unit focuses on the development of effective teaching programs in visual art and drama, which grow out of an understanding of the role of arts in education.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate creative and practical skills in visual arts and drama;
2. Demonstrate an understanding of arts concepts relevant to early childhood and primary education;
3. Examine ways of designing and implementing learning experiences for children in visual arts and drama at the early childhood and primary level; and
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the specific issues related to assessment and reporting in the arts.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
3 hours per week.
Arts Education 1.