Professional Practice in Community Education (part A) (6856.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 03/11/2011
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
Professional Practice in Community Education is a year long unit offered in two parts (A and B). Students must complete both parts to be assigned a result for the unit and have the credit points count towards course completion. Part A must be completed in Semester 1 and part B in Semester 2. For more information see Divisional student Affairs Office. The aim of this unit is to enable students to develop their professional skills by participating in and observing the activities of an organisation(s) in fields of their choice for 20 days or equivalent (140 hours). Alternatively, students working in a relevant workplace may negotiate a learning contract to undertake a small project that applies and extends the knowledge and skills gained in their degree.
- Students, as developing practitioners, will be able to: demonstrate their knowledge of the relevant sector(s) in which they wish to practise; develop their professional skills and knowledge; integrate and apply theoretical and practical knowledge; demonstrate appropriate standards of professional behaviour in the field; reflect on their field experience to clarify their professional values and interests.
First semester: a two-hour fortnightly workshop plus placement interview. In second semester; 20 days or 140 hours of field placement, which may extend over the summer break if necessary.
Successful completion of: Concepts of Human Learning and Development and Praxis of Adult and Community Education plus either Advocacy and Inclusion and Community Development Principles and Practice OR Technology-Enhanced Language Learning AM and Intro to Counselling Theory and Principles.
Professional Practice in Community Education (part B).