Alternative Dispute Resolution (6852.5)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health & Occupational Therapy|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
This subject introduces students to the basic concepts of Alternative Dispute Resolution and the contexts in which it is practiced. The background and philosophy of ADR and its current potential uses will be examined. Models of skills development in divers areas of ADR will also be explored.
1. Understand the theoretical bases of ADR and it's applications
2. Understand which types of disputes are suitable for ADR
3. Appreciate the ethical and professional issues involved in ADR
4. Demonstrate competencies in basic mediation skills appropriate in a range of circumstances
1 x 1 hour lecture and 1 x 2 hour tutorial.
Counselling Communication or permission of the subject convener.