Advanced Coaching Studies (6840.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
The unit prepares students to review, evaluate and communicate evidence-based training and coaching information. Students undertake a critical review on a current training issue, and then present this in both written and oral professional contexts. Through examination of their own coaching performances students will apply reflective and analytical skills to evaluate and improve their own coaching practices. A range of evaluation and assessment training and performance situations are explored so that on successful completion of this subject students will have completed industry qualifications in Course Presenting, Mentor Training and Assessor Training for sport.
1. Demonstrate proficiency in researching, reviewing evaluating and presenting current evidencebased information on coaching, training, and performance in a professional format
2. Demonstrate proficiency in a range of assessment and mentoring situations including coach selfevaluation, coaching communication, and assessment through mentor and assessor coaching roles
Two hours of lectures and one two hour practical class per week.
Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning.