Brand Building (6814.5)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Communication Studies|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2009
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
Brands have assumed a central role in marketing communication, and are particularly relevant to integrated marketing communication. This subject will give students a good understanding of brand equity, and ways to build brand equity. It will also offer detailed instruction in measuring brand equity, and managing brand equity, including branding strategies, introducing and naming new products and brand extensions, and managing brands over geographical boundaries, cultures and market segments.
1. a good understanding of the value and role of brands in marketing communication
2. a good understanding of how best to build brand equity
3. an understanding of ways to measure brand equity
4. an understanding of how to manage brand equity
Three hours per week.
Introduction to Professional Communication and Professional Communication Practice.