|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Communication Studies|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2006 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2009
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 5 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
This subject focuses on the practical aspects of writing for advertising. Elements of style, context and medium will be examined during lectures and workshops. Emphasis will be on writing effective copy for a variety of campaigns, using different media including print, radio and television. Evaluation of copy of current Australian campaigns will be conducted.
- skills in writing copy for different media
- understanding of how to adapt style to different purposes and media;
- ability to evaluate copy
- understanding of the writer?s responsibilities: legal, social and to the client
Three hours per week.
Introduction to Professional Communication and Professional Communication Practice.