Inf. Sc. Research Proposal H (6799.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Wanli MA (Ph: +61 2 62012838 ) RESEARCH 2020 Semester 2 DR Wanli MA (Ph: +61 2 62012838 ) RESEARCH 2021 Semester 1 DR Wanli MA (Ph: +61 2 62012838 ) RESEARCH 2021 Semester 2 DR Wanli MA (Ph: +61 2 62012838 ) RESEARCH
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, RESEARCH, BRUCE (195809) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, RESEARCH, BRUCE (193718) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185596) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, RESEARCH, BRUCE (185287) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, RESEARCH, BRUCE (181886) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150642) - View
- Research Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153641) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, RESEARCH, BRUCE (145804) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This undergraduate unit is for students aiming at a honours class in their BIT or BSE degree. The unit covers the production of a student's research proposal. It is centered specifically on the student's research area. Topics include literature review, research questions, research methodology and plan.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Appraise research articles in the related study field;
2. Formulate a research topic in the related study field;
3. Develop a research plan, including literature review, research question formalisation, and research methodology; and
4. Demonstrate a capacity in both writing and oral presentation an advanced technical report.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018