Secondary Teaching Studies 1 (SOSE) (6756.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Curriculum Studies|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2005 End Date: 31/12/2006
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2007 End Date: 31/12/2008
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
This unit provides bases for professional decisions for classroom practice in a nominated curriculum area teaching years 7-12. This unit requires a concurrent 15 day professional experience component.
- Students learn to plan and manage teaching and learning processes;
- monitor and assess pupil/student progress and learning outcomes;
- reflect on, evaluate, and plan for continuing improvement of own teaching practice.
Up to five hours or equivalent per week.
Two general studies majors in the nominated area(s) of secondary teaching, and four professional options unit (minor) and the first three core teacher education units Education Foundations, Information Technology and Diversity in Educational Settings or permission of the course convener.
Minimum of 4 content units (only 2 at level 1) in the SOSE KLA related to the STS 1 discipline being studied.